首页 > 双语资讯 >

你制定新年"目标"了吗?(英语双语对照)

日期:

你制定新年"目标"了吗?(英语双语对照)

And now, Words and Their Stories, from VOA Learning English.

欢迎收听VOA慢速英语《词汇掌故》节目。

December 31, 2023, means the new year 2024 is nearly here!

2023年12月31日,意味着新的2024年即将到来!

At this time of the year, many people set New Year's resolutions.

每年的这个时候,许多人都会制定新年计划。

Many people want to make a change in life and others set a goal.

许多人想要改变生活,而另一些人则设定了目标。

So, today we talk about the word goal.

所以,今天我们来谈谈“goal(目标)”这个词。

You may know this word because you shout "gooaaal" when your team scores.

你可能知道这个词,因为当你支持的球队得分时,你会大喊“gooaaal(进球)”。

It is exciting!

这是令人兴奋的!

It is also exciting when we reach our personal goals.

当我们达到个人目标时,这也是令人兴奋的。

A goal is something we want to reach.

goal指的是我们想要达到的东西。

It is something we work toward.

这是我们努力的方向。

It is important to have goals in life and a plan to achieve them.

在生活中有目标和实现目标的计划是很重要的。

A football player's goal is to score a goal, and a goalie's goal is to stop a ... goal.

足球运动员的目标是射门得分,而守门员的目标是阻止进球。

Let's continue talking about sports.

让我们继续谈论体育。

Many sports involve not only goals but also a goal line.

许多运动项目不仅涉及进球,还涉及球门线。

A goal line gives the space on the field in which you can score or make a goal.

球门线划定了球场的空间,你可以在那里得分或进球。

Let's talk about American football for a minute.

我们来谈谈美式橄榄球吧。

That sport involves tall goal posts.

这项运动涉及高高的球门柱。

To make a point, a kicker can kick a football between the posts and score.

为了得分,踢球手可以在门柱之间踢球得分。

Now, imagine if you are kicking that ball.

现在,想象一下,如果你在踢那个球。

You have the goal posts in your sights.

球门柱就在你的视线范围之内。

You kick! It looks good! It looks like the ball is going to go between the posts.

你踢!看起来不错!看起来球要从球门柱之间穿过去了。

But then, at the last minute, someone moves the goal posts, and your ball does not go through.

但是,在最后一刻,有人移动了球门柱,你的球没有通过。

To move the goal posts as you are kicking the ball would not be fair.

在踢球时移动球门柱是不公平的。

If someone moves the goal posts, they are changing the rules of the game or a situation to meet their own needs.

如果有人移动了球门柱,他们就是在改变比赛规则,以满足自己的需要。

Let's say you are building a house for someone.

假设你正在为某人盖房子。

Both of you agree on a design, plan and price to build the house, and a date to complete the building.

你们双方就房子的设计、施工计划和价格以及完工日期达成一致。

As the date of completion arrives, the soon-to-be owner wants to change the design of the house.

随着完工日期的临近,即将成为房主的人想要改变房子的设计。

She says that she wants the new design for the same price.

她说她想要同样价格的新设计。

You could say that she has moved the goal post!

你可以说她移动了球门柱(改变了规则)!

Or you could say that she has moved the goal line because some sports use a line and not a post.

或者你可以说她移动了球门线,因为有些运动项目使用的是线而不是柱子。

And some sports use both.

有些运动项目两者都用。

People who have the goal line or goal post moved on them may fall short of their goals.

移动球门线或球门柱的人可能达不到他们的目标。

If you fall short of your goal you do not accomplish it. You do not succeed.

如果你没有达到你的目标,你就没有完成它。你没有成功。

To reach your goals, it is a good idea to have a plan.

为了达到你的目标,制定一个计划是个好主意。

Set out small steps you can do to reach your goals.

列出你可以做到的小步骤来实现你的目标。

And when you complete those small steps on your way to your end goal ... make sure to celebrate!

当你在通往最终目标的路上完成这些小步骤……一定要庆祝一下!

And make sure no one moves the goal line on you.

还要确保没有人移动你的球门线。

And that's the end of this Words and Their Stories. Until next year ... I'm Anna Matteo.

以上就是本期《词汇掌故》节目的全部内容。下次见……我是安娜·马特奥。

译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!

上一篇:美国国家地理频道在线直播(英语双语对照)
下一篇:2024年元旦, 世界人口超80亿(英语双语对照)

相关文章